Ne-Yo has No. 1 movie but deals with poor CD sales

Wednesday, March 16, 2011 5:01 AM By dwi

Story photo: Ne-Yo has No. 1 flick but deals with poor CD salesFILE - In this Jan. 22, 2011 enter photo, U.S. vocaliser Ne-Yo performs during his concert in Jakarta, Indonesia. (AP Photo/Achmad Ibrahim, file)Associated Press

NEW YORK - Ne-Yo's first threesome albums were Grammy Award-nominated, platinum successes. His latest effort, "Libra Scale," could still be up for a Grammy next year, but it's miles away from reaching platinum status.

Since its Nov release, the round has sold exclusive 277,000 copies, according to Nielsen SoundScan, which tracks penalization sales. The CD's singles — "Beautiful Monster," "Champagne Life" and "One In a Million" — failed to fissure the Top 40.

Ne-Yo says when transcription "Libra Scale," he convergent more on the penalization videos instead of dedicating instance to the songs.

"It's meet that I didn't intend to pay as such tending to the penalization as I normally would because I was so convergent on the news distinction that the medium is based soured of," said Ne-Yo, who co-directed the recording clips with histrion Isham. "There was so such forcefulness locate into that, that when it came instance to locate the penalization together, you know, for one there wasn't as such instance and for digit there wasn't as such energy."

But Ne-Yo, who stars in the country's No. 1 movie, said the singable construct was a chance for him to verify a venture — and he's OK with the outcome.

"'Libra Scale' was my opportunity to do whatever things I've never done before," he said. "There are so some firsts (and) I think that had a aggregation to do with ground the medium came discover the way it did, and I'm not in any way locution that I think the medium is bad. I don't think the album's intense at all, I think it's a pretty solidified album. ... Some grouping got (and understood) it. Some grouping didn't. The majority of grouping didn't."

The 31-year-old impact songwriter says he's already begun impact on a new album, to be released in September.

"I'm stepping back to where it's meet most the music," he said. "I'm going to let it be meet most that, and you watch your own news from there."

Ne-Yo appears in the outlander invasion sci-fi flick "Battle: Los Angeles," which impact No. 1 at the incase duty over weekend with a $35.6 meg debut. He filmed the flick over the summer, when he also was working on "Libra Scale."

"You undergo I was category of back and forth with (both projects)," he said. "It's almost impossible to verify the amount of pore to shoot a flick aforementioned this and the amount of pore it takes to locate an medium unitedly and do them at the aforementioned time. ... I won't feature that was ground the 'Libra Scale' medium didn't do as well as I expected it to, but I will feature it had a aggregation to do with me not being able to pay as such tending to the impact of putting unitedly the 'Libra Scale' album, you know, because my pore was dead in another locate in regards to this film."

Ne-Yo said he was mainly attracted to the role in "Battle: LA," most a Marine platoon fighting aliens aim on colonizing Earth, because it didn't require him to use his singable talents. But that didn't come without challenges.

"The modify abstract most a aggregation of the actors is that everybody category of desired to do their own stunts," said Ne-Yo, who plays Cpl. Kevin Harris in the movie. "Everybody desired to intend in there and intend their hands filthy to a fault. I did my own stunts, and I've got the bruises and slipped round to establish it."

___

Online:

http://www.neyothegentleman.com/

http://www.battlela.com


Source

0 comments:

Post a Comment