Garrison Keillor planning to retire in 2013

Wednesday, March 16, 2011 5:01 PM By dwi

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - emancipationist Keillor, patron of long-running broadcasting exhibit "A Prairie Home Companion", says he is thinking to retire in 2013 but hasn't still come to terms with making any concern decision.

The entertainer and writer created the exhibit of sketches and penalization in 1974 and it is today broadcast on U.S. open broadcasting to an conference of about quaternary meg across the country.

"I am thinking to retire in the spring of 2013, but first I hit to find my replacement," Keillor, 68, told the AARP Bulletin, which is aimed at those over 50..

"I'm actuation nervy and also I'm in denial," he added.

Keillor, whose "Prairie Home Companion" is also broadcast in Britain, Ireland, state and New Zealand, suffered a minor stroke in 2009 but has continued making the weekly broadcasting show.

"When I was younger, I was every in souvenir of it (retiring), and today that I'm at that age, I'm not sure," he said. "I trusty don't want to make a delude of myself and be melodic romantic duets with 25-year-old women when I'm 75. But on the another hand, it's so much fun. And in radio, the lighting is right."

Keillor is also the communicator of poems and books, some of them about small town chronicle in fictional Lake Wobegon, "where every the women are strong, every the men are good-looking, and every the children are above average."

(Reporting by Jill Serjeant; Editing by Bob Tourtellotte)


Source

0 comments:

Post a Comment