Phil Collins Retiring From Music Due to Ill Health

Monday, March 7, 2011 9:01 AM By dwi

Story photo: Phil author Retiring From Music Due to Ill HealthDavid M. Benett/GettyUs Magazine

Take a beatific look at him now: After more than 40 eld and 150-million-plus records sold, Phil author is unnoticeable from penalization at geezerhood 60.

The "Against All Odds" singer and past Genesis frontman gave the intense programme in a past interview with FHM entrepot (via British essay The Telegraph.)

PHOTOS: Wow! Look into Phil's crazy-expensive divorce

Collins explained that health problems brought on by his long drum-playing -- chance problems, a dislocated vertebra and cheek damage in hands hands -- led to his decision.

"It's a beatific time to stop," author said.

The Grammy succeeder and dad also admitted he feels out of travel with the underway penalization industry.

PHOTOS: The large stars in penalization today on their large night

"I look at the MTV Music Awards and I think: 'I can't be in the aforementioned business as this'," said the vet, who today lives on his own in Switzerland after divorcing his ordinal spouse in 2007. "I don't really belong to that concern and I don't conceive anyone's going to woman me. I'm such happier just to indite myself out of the playscript entirely."

One of the downfalls of Collins' huge success? His omnipresent songs prefabricated folks "want to strangle" him, he says. "It's hardly astonishing that people grew to dislike me. I'm sorry that it was all so successful. I honestly didn't mean it to happen same that."

PHOTOS: Star dads on duty

His priority now: Caring for his sons Nicolas and Mattew with ordinal spouse Orianne Cevey.

"I'm not worried most not existence able to play the drums again, I'm more worried most existence able to cut a loaf of bread safely or building things for my kids," he says.

"My doctors verify me it's a impact in progress, that it module verify most a assemblage for me to recover."

Get more Us! Follow us on Twitter, Friend us on Facebook, Subscribe to Us Weekly


Source

0 comments:

Post a Comment