Grey's Kevin McKidd: Who Was the Easiest to Direct?

Wednesday, February 2, 2011 9:01 PM By dwi

Story photo: Grey's Kevin McKidd: Who Was the Easiest to Direct?Kevin McKidd | Photo Credits: Daffo Tom/ABCTV Guide

Grey's Anatomy grapheme Kevin McKidd steps behindhand the camera this week to candid an episode, which he says is "one of the scariest things I've ever done in my life."

Thursday's program will include the start of Derek's Alzheimer's clinical trial, Bailey tweeting from the operative room, and the prototypal of adulthood for Mark, Callie and Arizona. How did his directorial debut go over? McKidd dishes:

Kevin McKidd reveals songs from the Grey's singable episode

Worst (Exhausted) Direction: "There were a pair moments where I had to candid Sara Ramirez and Sandra Oh, and I basically gave them intense direction," he says. "It had been a long period and I was disagreeable to tweet the last bit of something discover of myself. I had given them a straight-ahead corny, cheesy direction. I said, 'Be more sad,' which is digit of the poorest directions you can provide to an actor. They both titled me out. They both raised their eyebrows, like, 'Really? I'm not going to do that.'"

Biggest Challenge: "In general, the program is rattling static. A aggregation of the scenes took place in a shack with people just conversation and no movement," McKidd says. "So I worked hard to essay and relocate a aggregation of the scenes that didn't needs requirement to be in a patient shack or an O.R. Whether it was them moving, or an exterior, or the cafeteria, I was disagreeable to intend the chronicle of the hospital going again."

Kate Walsh backward to Grey's Anatomy

Most Emotional Scene: "It's the prototypal period of Derek's Alzheimer's clinical trial. There's a rattling emotive environs between a economise and wife, and the impact of Alzheimer's on a marriage. One of my grandparents had Alzheimer's and added digit had dementia, so it's been in my family. It was quite hard to revisit that, but I think it helped me help the actors intend to a place where they really gave awful performances."

Easiest Actor to Direct: "Eric Dane is amazing," McKidd gushes. "He came up to me and said, 'Just verify me what you poverty me to do. I've learned the lines. You just verify me what you poverty me to do and I'll do it.' And he did. I've never had an person say that to me before. Usually actors are conflict and saying, 'No, I poverty to do this!'"

Exclusive: Shonda Rhimes reveals Grey's Anatomy singable details

Easiest Scene to Direct: Since McKidd was on director duty, Owen is rattling light in this week's episode. "Shonda Rhimes made him go to the dentist for the day," McKidd says. "I do digit scene. Actually, effort to act in that digit environs was the abstract that really made me resolve into directing. Getting to go back to what I know, which is acting, made me suddenly just give into it and go, 'Oh, this isn't as fantastic as it actually seems.'"

The McKidd-directed program airs weekday at 9/8c on ABC.

Related Articles on TVGuide.com

  • Kevin McKidd reveals songs from the Grey's singable episode
  • Exclusive: Shonda Rhimes reveals Grey's Anatomy singable details
  • Kate Walsh backward to Grey's Anatomy


Source

0 comments:

Post a Comment